Thursday, April 28, 2011

The First Day

Finally, I arrived! Hyd to Dubai (4 hrs) + Dubai Airport (7.5 hrs) + Dubai to Accra, Ghana (8.5 hrs) = Exhaustion but alll totally worth it! Akwaaba - that's what the sign at the airport read which means 'Welcome'. :) 
Set Foot in Africa!
For a change, I decided to act careful & responsible and got myself a sim card before leaving the airport. A very 'friendly' guy offered his phone so I could call the driver - I wasn't sure if they expect tip here the way they do in India - so instead of looking overly 'tippish' just in case he decided to shower more favors, I made the call - said 'Thank You' and moved on.
Holi Flats, Accra

Checked into Holi flats(Hospitality in India rocks!). An average two bedroom service apartments - this would be my home for the next 30 days. Unpacked. Was famished, so the entire Google Reach team went to lunch at The Best Western hotel. My first food in Africa was a beef burger (ridiculous I know! but it was awesome!
My room for the next 30 days
The team sat together to learn about the details of the program and the schedule looks super exciting!

Crashed at 8:30 pm (it was 2 am in India already)..Looking forward to what's in store for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment