Saturday, May 14, 2011

Day 17: Doodle 4 Google: My Ghana


My main AI today was to facilitate the kids participating in Doodle 4 Google event from a public school called Osu Presbitarian Primary and Junior High schools. Woke up feeling happy about being able to meet these kids!

Morning was spent finishing up my errands and by 11ish I was in office. Estelle, Brit, Megan, Sarah & I headed to the school by noon. Soon the kids started pouring in, all looking smart in their blue and white uniforms. Some of them had brought thumbnail drawings of their doodle ideas for the theme 'My Ghana' and like kids universally, they were very creative!

Photos of the event:

This event was organized in partnership with Kokrobitey Institute who run internship programs for international students to Ghana.

Post the event we headed back to Holi Flats. I finally got sometime to do my laundry, clean up the room and headed out to Dynasty China for dinner with Mohit, Yannic & Olivia. Since Olivia & I do most of our projects together - we're called 'Glorivia'. Post dinner we headed out to a local pub called Epo - I finally experienced the local 'hip hop'  life. Wanna go back there again!

No comments:

Post a Comment