Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Day 29: Emirates All the Way!


Today was our final day together. The day started with a de-brief about the program at breakfast. The 2 hour long de-brief was quite vital to learning about what each of us thought about the program, things that worked, things we’d like to change etc. Observing each person unique observations and perspective was interesting. Some of the key areas were echoed a few times but otherwise, most of us thoughts & experiences were unique to each of us.

Since I was the first one to leave with 5 pm flight, I rushed to finish my last minute packing and headed out of Holi Flats by 1pm to check in my luggage @ the airport. Ibrahim, the other driver, dropped me at the airport. The plan was to check in all my luggage & then head back to Holi Flats to spend some more time reading/blogging/talking to people before I boarded the flight at 4:30pm. I ran in with my luggage to the check in counter only to be sent to the customs guy for checking. The customs guy, was a big pleasant man in his late 40s. While checking my luggage, in a true Ghanian way(casually), he asked me whether I’d marry him! & I (in a true Ghanian way) responded with joke that I did in fact love the country! :)

After an almost emotional farewell with the rest of the Reachers, I came back to the airport to board my flight at 4:30pm. It was a long journey – 8 hours to Dubai + 10 hours in Dubai airport + 4 hours to Hyderabad, India.


No comments:

Post a Comment